Thursday 13 March 2014

Going for gold
Inspiration and ideas for using gold as an accent colour.

This can be found at
https://sugarpaper.com/company/customer-care/
An amazing website that offer beautiful prints, they're an American company but do ship internationally.

If someone had asked me a few years ago what I thought about using gold in my bedroom, I would've thought it was a terrible idea, you could say I lacked imagination back then. But now after finding inspiration and I can now appreciate using a wider range of colours to create different effects in decor, I love the idea and am very keen to use it in my bedroom.
An accent colour is essentially a colour used in small quantities to lift or give something extra to a colour scheme. For example, black and white then using red too in accessories such as cushions or lamps. As my room is completely white at the moment I am looking to use a range of colours in a few shades, I like the idea of blue in different shades maybe? but also to add hints of gold in places too. I think gold and white looks effortlessly chic and adds a light reflecting effect as it is metallic but not cold like silver might be as it is a warm colour and I think this adds a more homely feel.
I think gold also looks amazing in party decorations, such as Christmas or New Years, also I love the idea of having an art deco/20's themed party and using lots of gold in the decoration for it.
Here are some photos for that gave me inspiration. 
I love this print and I'm looking to buy myself this for my room!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/123882615/french-gold-print-poster-bon-jour-amour
This is a link to the print if anyone is interested.

I would love to have a workspace like this and think gold and pink looks so good together, I have a Kate Spade notebook with these colours and it's so gorgeous! This has a fun look to it as well as chic.

Just an idea for prints to use on plain walls that incorporate the gold theme.
I think this is a good way of using gold in a subtle way that gives the room a feminine, chic edge.
Again here the use of gold is fairly subtle but still effective and shows it can be
 used in other rooms other then the bedroom. 

I hope this has given you inspiration for using gold more in your decorating!
Thanks for reading.

Corcyra 
X






No comments :

Post a Comment