Thursday 1 May 2014

You are how you eat
A different view on dieting and health 
In a recent copy of Grazia there was a very interesting article on diet and health. Usually when I come across things like things there full of empty promises or in all honesty things I simply can't be bothered to do! But this article really caught my eye and interested me as it wasn't about what we eat but more how we eat it. The title of the article reads 'Are you a mindless eater'? And by the end of it all I could think was, "Holy cow, yes I am." I literally felt like I'd had an epiphany (which is actually a word that comes from the ancient Greek for 'striking appearance'!) The main point the piece was making is many people, like myself eat while there bored or eat too quick whilst doing something else such as watching TV (damn you Netflix). Also known as 'unconsciously eating' this can lead to overeating as we don't realise when we're actually full or don't think about what we're actually putting into our bodies and what it's doing (or not doing) for us. 

It suggested that in order to eat mindfully we must
 1. Eat foods which are high in alkaline which can really improve health such as; oily fish, fruit, veg & green tea.
2. Sit down at a table and enjoy our food, have as many sit down meals as we can and also to prepare our food and experiment with flavours, spices etc 
3. Slowly chew our food, savour it, taste it, enjoy it. It also says to put our cutlery down in between mouthfuls this lets your body recognise when it's full and can help stop over eating, which I am guilty of!

As many people I am unhappy with my body as it is right now and I feel I can be open about that fact as I am trying to make a difference in a healthy way and would love to share it with you. I loved this article as it was simply just a changing of the frame of mind we have towards food that could help us to be healthier such as preparing healthy, tasty meals rather than buying shop bought 'low fat' foods. 
I hope this will help you if you’re in the same position as me and would love to hear about your methods and journeys into a healthier lifestyle!
corcyraburley23@gmail.com
Thanks for reading!
Corcyra 
X
NB:I would just like to point out that I am in no way a professional or expert nutritionist and I am simply basing these facts and opinions from Grazia magazine and my own experiences.  

No comments :

Post a Comment